- Participants must be 18 years or older (You must present a valid I.D. to claim a prize or be verified at Clue Stations).
- Keep your confirmation email. You will be required to present this as proof of purchase in order to claim a prize or to be verified at Clue Stations.
- The name on the confirmation email must match the name on your ID!
- Participants must obey all local, state and federal laws
- Cheating, or colluding with staff will result in a lifetime ban from SWFL Treasure Hunt events.
- Participants who sabotage, or otherwise attempt to alter the Hunt clues or Hunt areas in order to gain an unfair advantage will be automatically disqualified.
- Participants must complete the Hunt in the order laid out in the map they will receive prior to the Hunt.
- Participants are permitted to use any means available to them to solve clues. This includes, but is not limited to, smart phones, books, libraries, asking people for help, etc. (so long as the people who are asked for help are not associated with SWFL Treasure Hunt or any of their affiliates or sponsors).
- The Hunt will be completed in one day.
- There will be a cutoff time. At the cutoff time, if no one has found the treasure, the Hunt will go into "Cut Throat" time. All Hunters will be given the coordinates of the final Hunt Zone (Treasure Zone) and they may proceed there even if they have not completed the other Hunt Zones. A clue will be given via text message to every hunter every 20 minutes until the treasure is found.
- We will monitor the Hunters and a second place finisher will be accepted in the unlikely event that the winning Hunter is ineligible or unable to claim the grand prize.
- Any taxes, licenses, and other fees or expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Entry constitutes permission to use the participants name, photo or likeness for future promotions and publicity purposes without compensation except where prohibited by law. Appropriate reporting to the winner and the IRS will be provided.
- Each ticket has a unique identifier. The actual ticket number will be emailed to the email address you provide. We are not responsible for any lost or misdirected email. If you do not receive your Hunt Zone Map, confirmation email or ticket number via email within 48 hours of purchase, the customer should email us or call.
Subject to these Official Rules, the Treasure Hunt is open to individuals who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry. To be eligible to receive a Prize, the information associated with the entrant’s account must be true and accurate. The information associated with the entrant’s account must identify the actual entrant into the Scavenger Hunt. In order to facilitate the delivery of a Prize, SWFL Treasure Hunt LLC may attempt to contact the winner using the email provided during account registration. If SWFL Treasure Hunt LLC cannot get in contact with the winner using that email, the winner may forfeit his/her Prize. Certain Treasure Hunts are only open to residents of specific countries. Any person who enters a Treasure Hunt that he/she is not eligible to enter may not win a Prize in that Contest.
Employees, agents, and contractors (collectively, "employees") of Sponsor and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies and any other entity involved in the development or administration of this Treasure Hunt, and all persons residing in the same households as employees, including but not limited to immediate family members are not eligible to win the Treasure Hunt while the employee is employed or engaged by Sponsor and for six months following the employee’s last day working with or for Sponsor.
Entrants may, in certain circumstances, communicate with, work with, or otherwise benefit from others with whom they have a preexisting relationship while participating in a Treasure Hunt. However, entrants may not communicate with, work with, or otherwise benefit from more than 20 other persons while entering a Treasure Hunt if the communications between the entrant and those persons is facilitated by any technological means other than those explicitly provided by Sponsor.
SWFL Treasure Hunt LLC reserves the right to verify an entrant’s eligibility before, during, or after the Treasure Hunt.
Notice to all international entrants: As stated above, it is your responsibility to comply with the contest laws of your country/jurisdiction. You acknowledge that certain countries/jurisdictions have laws regarding Treasure Hunts that may prevent Sponsor from awarding you your Prize. If you are a winner and this happens to be the case with your country/jurisdiction, you acknowledge that you may not be able to receive any Prize at all from Sponsor. By entering this Treasure Hunt, you acknowledge the risks, and understand that you may win, but not be able to receive a Prize.
Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Treasure Hunt. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award any Prizes other than the Prize specified in these Official Rules. The Sponsor does not guarantee that the Prize can be made available to the winner. The Prize is not assignable and not transferable, and no substitutions are permitted. In addition, if the Prize is unable to be fulfilled to the winner due to any applicable law, rule or regulation, or if the winner cannot claim the Prize for any reason, then Sponsor reserves the right to not award the Prize at all. The winner shall be responsible and liable for all federal, state and local taxes on the value of the Prize. Winners shall provide SWFL Treasure Hunt with accurate information regarding their identity and country of residence.
The Treasure Hunt will be conducted under the supervision of the Sponsor. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Treasure Hunt. The winner will be notified by email or on the spot; provided, however, that Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate method of notification. The user must cash-out the Prize within 90 days after the date of notification of such Prize. A Treasure Hunt winner's failure to cash-out the Prize within the specified 90 days will be considered such Treasure Hunt winner's forfeiture of the Prize and Sponsor may, at its option and sole discretion, choose not to award the Prize at all. If an entrant is found to be ineligible, Sponsor may, at its option and sole discretion, choose not to award the Prize at all.
The Scavenger Hunt start date will be announced through the web site within a few weeks of the Hunt. You may not join the Treasure Hunt while it is live. Tickets sales will cease 48 hours prior to start time. Sponsor reserves the right to postpone Treasure Hunts, in our sole discretion, without any restrictions.