WE HAVE EXCITING NEWS AND SOME BAD NEWS
First, the exciting news!
Due to the overwhelmingly positive attention this treasure hunt is getting, we have decided to shift gears and concentrate on setting the world record for the most participants in a scavenger hunt. The current record is held by Escape Manor Inc. in Ottawa, Canada, with 2,732 participants, and is recognized by Guinness World Records.
Now for the Bad News
We have applied for a Guinness World Record. Unfortunately, they are not able to process applications for up to 12 weeks due to COVID complications. For that reason, we must POSTPONE the treasure hunt until further notice.
We do not take this action lightly. We are deeply sorry to have to postpone this hunt on such short notice with so many excited hunters ready to get their maps and take to the parks and historical districts of Lee County in search of hidden treasure. We are just as excited as you are!
However, there is more positive news than negative!
First, we can all take pride in our attempt to bring the world record to Lee County, Florida! As this was initially a business venture for profit and fun, we are pivoting to make this more of a community endeavor and we are pledging to donate a percentage of all proceeds to a local charity or charities.
In the meantime, we will host smaller hunts in Lee County for smaller prizes. These hunts are FREE. All you have to do is follow our social media for clues and information.
Of course, anyone who has purchased a ticket(s) already is entitled to a refund. All you have to do is email email@example.com and leave your name, the name of the person the ticket is registered to, and formally request a refund. Please allow up to 30 days for refunds to process, as we have a small staff, and many people registered to hunt.
IF YOU DO NOT REQUEST A REFUND:
Your ticket is still good! All you have to do is hold on to it! And it gets better! As a reward for your loyalty and devotion to the hunt, those who have purchased a ticket before December 9th, 2020 will gain an additional 2 hints to use during the Big Hunt for the world record. WE WANT YOU TO STICK AROUND AND BE APART OF SWFL HISTORY!
Once again, we are so sorry for the inconvenience, but we are looking forward to this world record setting event. WE CAN DO IT!
Advice and info for our upcoming Treasure Hunt!
- When? TBD
- Where? LEE COUNTY, FLORIDA
- What time? TBD
- How much? $10,000 main treasure. Side treasures worth $100 - $1,000
- Have a valid I.D.!!! You MUST have a valid ID in order to claim a prize or be verified at clue stations. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Make sure to keep your confirmation email. You will need to present this to staff for verification purposes for proof of purchase.
- THE NAME ON THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL MUST MATCH THE NAME ON YOUR ID.
- Make sure to have reliable transportation and a full tank of gas
- Bring a phone charger!
- You will need cellphone service and data.
- Pack a bag with water and whatever other refreshments you may need or want while you're out on the trail! Lest ye be parched, ye scurvy scoundrels!
- Use your early delivery of the Hunt Zone map to familiarize yourself with your Hunt Zone areas. Have a plan for where you would like to park.
- Always be careful, don't speed, and obey all laws and local ordinances.
- And remember to always have fun at all times. Even if you don't find any treasure at all, you will have a full day to explore beautiful Lee County, Florida and you can always try again the next month!